OES is values lead, inclusive and a place where you can truly be you. Within the Student Advisor team, we’ve purposely built a team of people that come to us from many different working backgrounds and this rich mix is what sets us apart. We have Teachers, Police Officers and general Customer Service backgrounds just to call out a few. What we all have in common though is our passion to deliver a memorable experience to our students – after all, that’s why we exist.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Student Advisor will join a team of authentic, passionate people that all want you to be the best that you can be. This isn’t just a job, it’s a true career where you’ll be making a tangible difference in people’s lives.
Day-to-day the Student Advisor is the first point of contact for students via phone, email and web chatter, dealing with a range of queries or issues. These include general academic advice, emotional support, technical assistance as well as enquiries relating to courses and University processes. In addition, this role provides end to end administrative support throughout the student journey, right from enrollment through to graduation.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with the following:
- An authentic person with a story to tell – we believe life experiences add to our ability to work things out, make good decisions and ultimately help our students
- Previous experience in a support role providing excellent support to end user customers (we’re open here, tell us who you’ve supported throughout your career so far)
- A minimum Bachelor level degree (must have completed)
- Obviously, it goes without saying you’ll have great communication and people skills
- A solution focused approach with a pro-active attitude to supporting your customers
- You’ll love being part of a team and contributing to it’s success
- Availability for different shift patterns (see below)
This is a full-time role and you must be available to work shifts. An example of a shift pattern is below
Week 1: 9-5
Week 2: 1-9
Week 3: 9-5
Week 4: 8-4
Week 5: 9-5 with weekend. RDO on either side.
Week 6: 10-6
What’s in it for you?
- Be you, we appreciate diversity in all its forms and we believe you do your best work when you’re being your authentic self.
- Truly help people, we have people call us to tell us what a great job we’ve done – true story. Is this happening in your current role?
- Join a company that is going places, if the company is going places that means you are too – great career opportunities.
Along with joining a passionate, energetic and highly skilled team, this role will allow you to gain exposure to many growth and development opportunities. OES offers a hybrid, flexible approach to work, where we work 2-3 days from our state-of-the-art Cremorne office, and the rest from home (or wherever you choose!). Breakfast, snacks, table tennis and Nintendo Switch are all available in the office, as well as an in-house massage therapist and weekly staff drinks. Ultimately, you will be joining a values-driven, collaborative business where your creativity and innovation will be nurtured and celebrated.
Online Education Services (OES) is a leader in online education, helping universities elevate student experiences in the digital era. With a proven collaboration process with universities, we have cultivated several transformative and long-lasting partnerships.
Our dynamic global team shares a vision to transform the student experience through innovation and collaboration. OES people are leaders in their respective fields, ensuring best practice strategic thinking is delivered in every element of our partnerships.
When you work at OES, you’re empowered to impact.
If this role is of interest, please apply now with your updated CV.